Lord Ganpati idol visible from Nh4, This temple is built by the Birla group so this place is famous as the Birla Ganpati temple. Located near Pune – Mumbai old Highway. Near Pune and PratiShirdi.
I’m here again with yet another travel blog on Birla Ganpati temple on NH 4 the best location near Mumbai – Pune old Highway on the way while ride and drive. In this blog, I will share my personal experience with images of route plans, tips, things to do, how to reach, nearby places to visit, distance from other cities, so it will help you as Travel Guide to plan your trip.
We visited this place while our Lavasa Bike ride. This time we are two riders who started from Mumbai via Old Mumbai Pune Highway, Lonavala – Kamshet and reached near Prati Shirdi by traveling overnight. We book one room for just Rs. 400 for night stays because we want to visit Lavasa in the early morning.
We started from Prati Shirdi in the early morning and reached Birla Ganpati mandir in 15 to 20 minutes. We park our bikes in parking and started walking towards the hillside side.
The staircase is a good design looks very beautiful. They use three colors and a curve design which make it more attractive and an example of good architecture.
Hill Top of Birla Ganesh temple
When we reached the top of the hill, We saw a beautiful Lord Ganesha idol in front of us. Which mount on a large square shape cement structure and Small Temple is also available at the beginning for pooja vidhi.
Sightseeing near Birla Ganpati Pune
The Surrounding area is very beautiful While walking around the idol for Prdakshina. We saw various sightseeing at every corner. Lush Green surrounding, mountain, lakes, Nh-4 highway old Mumbai – Pune highway.
Beautiful Mountain view from Birla Ganpati
After Birla Ganpati darshan we move towards Lavasa which was our bike ride destination.
Tips and Things to do
- Visit this temple in the early morning or the evening because there was no shade is available.
- Parking is available near Birla Ganpati temple
- Timing Morning 5 am to 10 pm.
- You can visit Kasarsai dam and Prati Shirdi both places is just 5 to 10 km distance
- Boating facility available near Kasarsai dam
- Camping facility also available at Kasarsai dam
- Food Court available near Kasarsai dam
- The best time to visit is in the monsoon as well as in winter.
- One can see the best Sun raise view.
- There are many places you can accumulate in your trip check the nearby place list below
Food facilities and Hotels
Food facility is available near the main road just 1 km away from Birla Ganpati temple
Accommodation near Birla Ganpati temple
Birla Ganpati temple is near Pune and Shirgav Near Prati Shirdi so you will get a hotel and resort in Pube or Shirgaon.
How to reach Birla Ganpati Temple
- The nearest airport is Pune
- The nearest Railway station is Pune
- Distance from
- Mumbai = 119 Km
- Pune = 31 Km
- Lonavala = 34 Km
- Pawana Lake = 26 Km
- Thane = 125 Km
- Satara = 135 Km